Wednesday, November 4, 2009

They've got all the right moves...

Wednesday, November 4th, 2009. 10:43 am.
Countdown to LA: 80 days.

Countdown to Sydney: 91 days.


The OneRepublic private concert at Tattoo Rock Parlour last night was surprisingly good. Now, I am not a fan of Ryan Tedder as Lindsay is (he is too short and I feel all his songs are sped up or slowed down versions of Stop & Stare) however, last night we both left with a crush on the lead singer.


This does tend to happen to both of us whenever we
see celebrities live and in person. Case in point;

EXHIBIT A:

Edward Norton



Before we partied with Edward (Eddie as I like to call him) during TIFF this year I really felt nothing for him. I thought he was a great actor and admired his talent and body of work, but I never thought he was hot or sexy. Boy, were Lindsay and I both wrong! The way he walked into that party, his swagger, his suit, everything, we both fell hard and added him to our Freebie Fives where he remains to this day.

EXHIBIT B:

Katy Perry


Before seeing Katy Perry live in concert this past summer, Lindsay and I both thought she was cute, campy and fun. After the concert, we both had crushes and I had my first girl crush ever!

EXHIBIT C:

George Clooney


Okay maybe this one doesn't count...but you get my point.

So last night we found Ryan to be charming, funny and a musical genius (he plays so many instuments and has written all the hit songs for everyone from Kelly Clarkson to Beyonce this year) which makes him pretty hot to us! OneRepublic's new songs were great as well. I personally loved 'Secrets' and 'Good Life' the most. [OneRepublic's new CD 'Waking Up' hits shelves November 17]


(Pictures taken with Lindsay's busted camera since mine is lost on church street :(...)

All in all, it was a great time and a great private concert with about 100 people in attendance. And we left with another member of our Freebie Five which is slowly turning into a Freebie 20...

Our next (planned) concert event is Cobra Starship and Boys Like Girls in 2 weeks, we'll keep you posted.

Perpetually Dreaming,

Naz

No comments:

Post a Comment