Saturday, November 14, 2009

So I quit my job...

Saturday, November 14th, 2009. 12:53 am.
Countdown to LA: 70 days.
Countdown to Sydney: 81 days.

The plan was to stay for 3 more months.


3 silly, measly, lousy months.


91 days.


And I couldn’t do it.


I made one of the impulsive decisions I’m known to make every now and then and left with 91 days left to go. I could have saved 5 more pay checks. But my happiness these last few months in Toronto hung in the balance. I could have stayed 3 more months but it really wasn’t worth my soul, or the pennies I would have earned while being miserable (did I mention my job pays me pretty much nothing, I practically pay to work for them). If I stayed the only memories I would have had of my last months in Toronto are stress, deceit, and misery. At least now, I have more time to spend with people I love before I leave them for who knows how long. And I learned a valuable lesson, NEVER TRUST LAWYERS. All the stereotypes about them are true, no matter how good they are at fooling you. Maybe it’s a lesson that will serve me well in Sydney.


For now I just have to not spend the money I saved as much as possible and always remember this:



Perpetually Dreaming,
Naz

1 comment: