Thursday, November 19, 2009

New Moon Premiere Tonight!

Thursday, November 19th, 2009. 11:21 am.
Countdown to LA: 65 days.
Countdown to Sydney: 76 days.

Tonight is the big night! The premiere of the Twilight Saga: New Moon. We have our tickets for the 10pm showing (yes 2 hours before everyone else gets to see it) and we are very excited.

New Moon is one of my favourite books in the series. It definitely didn't start out that way, but it grew on me. It is very emotionally raw as it deals with the protagonist Bella swirling into a deep depression as her soul mate Edward leaves her. I really hope the movie stays true to the book and am curious to see how they film the passage of time which in the book was four blank pages simply stating the months from October to January in an amazing way that symbolized her empty life without him and really left an impression on the readers. I have faith in Chris Weitz, I think he will do an excellent job in picking up where Catherine Hardwick left off. Hopes are also high for the expanding cast including Dakota Fanning, Michael Sheen and a bigger role taken on by Taylor Lautner. I have always been on Team Edward but I'm thinking I may switch sides after tonight...



The only thing we're not looking too forward to is the crowds of screaming girls whom I am sure are waiting in line right now. Hopefully I'll still have my hearing after the movie as we will be beginning our road trip to NYC immediately after the screening. Wish us luck!

Perpetually Dreaming,
Linds&Naz

p.s. Good news for us; we always thought Australia gets their movies a few weeks after North America but New Moon actually opened a day before on November 19th in Oz. This makes me happy as we will be in Sydney for the premiere of Eclipse, the next movie in the saga.

No comments:

Post a Comment