Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"...these streets will make you feel brand new, big lights will inspire you..."

Wednesday, November 25th, 2009. 11:44 am
Countdown to LA: 59 days.
Countdown to Sydney: 70 days.


Phew! What a trip! Naz and I spent the weekend taking in the sights and sounds of New York City. I hadn't been to NYC in almost 4 years, so I had to reacquaint myself with the Big Apple. We also discovered a few things:

1) A weekend is not enough time for all the sights in NYC

2) We are truly, utterly and completely obsessed with the city

3) We need to move there STAT!

Now, I've said it before and I'll say it again - Naz and I are heterosexual lifepartners. In saying this I mean, that we are so alike, so cosmically connected that if I didn't know any better, I'd think she was me. Which leads to our "dirty little secret"...Naz and I did NOT plan on going to NYC together. We planned these trips separately and just so happened to be there at the same time. Even when we try to do things apart, we still somehow end up together!

In the 2 days we were there, we took in many of the beloved New York sights:
-Central Park
-MoMA (specifically the opening weekend of the new Tim Burton exhibit)
-The New York Public Library
-The Statue of Liberty / Ellis Island
-The Empire State Building
-Bryant Park
-The Met
-Rockefeller Centre

We had such a great time in New York, we've decided its the next stop on our world tour (after Sydney of course). Naz, Steph and I (aka The Holy Trinity) have decided to spend summer 2011 in Manhattan. Spending the days tanning in Central Park and the nights partying in the city that never sleeps....

Perpetually Dreaming,
Linds & Naz

No comments:

Post a Comment