Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday, December 10 2009. 4:43 pm.
Countdown to LA: 44 days.
Countdown to Sydney: 55 days.

My other half, Lindsay, has been in Cancun for a week now. In her absence we have seen the first snowfall of the year here in Toronto--a snow storm no less!-- and the precipitation from the sky has not stopped. She returns at midnight however, and I will be leaving for the Dominican tomorrow. Is the last day before a week long beach vacay suppose to go so wrong? It started with not being able to sleep for a few nights now and my horoscope this morning saying I would not be as "successful" as I want to be and that I have to "fake it to make it today". That's probably referring to my first day on the floor at PINK which went horribly, horribly awry in the first 10 minutes. Apparently I have problems engaging customers because I do not believe in harassing them! No wonder I've never done retail before. I somehow made it through my shift with my fake it to make it motto until they told me to go home early possibly due to poor sales. Nevertheless, I was grateful to be outta there. Maybe in the week I have off I will learn to sell, sell, sell!

I now have some unpleasant errands to run for my trip (ladies, two words: waxing appointment) and packing left to do until I'm dealing with a sunburn instead of frost bite. Looking forward to the change! When I get back we will be in the 30s for our countdown to LA and Sydney, where I am hoping for a more permanent sun burn.

Perpetually Dreaming,
Naz

p.s. Lindsay, come back! We miss you and life's just not the same when you're gone! Don't forget to tell us all about your trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment