Wednesday, December 16, 2009

No Shirt, No Worries, No Problems

Wednesday, December 16th, 2009.
Countdown to LA: 38 days.
Countdown to Sydney: 49 days.

Ahhh....winter....how I love thee. The warm feeling I get when my car haphazardly skids off the road, sliding into a guard rail and subsequently making me feel like an idiot - is unlike any other. I love it when I lose all feeling in my extremities and the snow falling ruins my freshly blowdried hair.

Scratch that - I actually loathe it. I despise winter more than I thought humanly possible. It was the sole reason I moved to Florida for a year, and it is the driving force behind my impending move to Aussieland.

But, let's not spend this post discussing the downfalls of -20 degree weather. Instead - I'm going to go to my happy place. Today my happy place is Cancun. This time last week, I was lounging on the beach, margarita in hand, amazed at how wonderful life can be. My own personal heaven. So I thought I'd share my memories of said heaven with you, and show you photographic evidence.

For 8 beautiful days and 7 funfilled nights I lazily enjoyed the sun, sand and surf (well not so much surf) that Cancun has to offered. I took a boat ride to Isla Mujeres (a beautiful island off the coast of Cancun), did Yoga on the beach and ate and drank way too much. I went snorkelling at Xel Ha, an ecological waterpark with Mayan Caves, cenotes and grottos. It was an amazing expire I will never forget. Most importantly - I got to spend time with my mom and nephew before I move to the other side of the world. That quality time was much needed and much appreciated.

Naz is still in the Dominican and I am patiently waiting her arrival. But for now, I am mainly jealous of her and that she's in her heaven today, while I rot away in my own personal hell (winter).

Perpetually Dreaming (about the beach!),

Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment