Sunday, December 13, 2009

Aussie Land

Sundey, December 13th, 2009.
Countdown to LA: 41 days.
Countdown to Sydney:52 days.

So, first things first….I’m coooold! Right about this time last week I was lying on a beach, drinking lime margarita after lime margarita and thinking about how fantastic life is. That was Cancun, in Canada - life’s a little more difficult. Friday morning, my plane lands to fantastic -17 degree whether and I thought “THIS is exactly the reason why I need to move to Australia”. That being said, I have now entered panic mode.

Someone asked me today when I’m moving and I told them the same date I’ve been repeating to myself for months - January 23rd. But for some reason, today that date seemed so much closer than usual. My to-do list is still a mile long and I’ve been procrastinating like its going out of style. In typical fashion, I’ve compiled a thorough list of what needs to be done, how to do it and when it needs to be completed by. Will I actually complete anything at the rate I’m going now? The answer is a big fat no. So I’m giving myself a proverbial kick in the ass and stepping things up. I’m working on a week-by-week basis here to make my life less complicated.

Numero uno on my list for this week: get my damn work visa. I already completed the first half of this task back in October, so now its just a matter of handing in the final paperwork, purchasing my health insurance and voila! - task completed! Task number 2: renew my drivers license. This is relatively simple so it shouldn’t take long but with me you never really know. The last thing on my list for the week is to get my taxes done. Yes I know they were supposed to be done last spring but, as I have already admitted earlier, I procrastinate. So now I will be spending my lunch hour on Tuesday at my local H&R Block getting them filed.

So that’s my week, I promise things get more interesting as the weeks progress. We need to plan our goodbye party, shop for luggage and get tattoos. Much more fun stuff to come! Not to worry, we’ll tell you ALL about it every step of the way!

In the meantime, while I spend my week freezing my ass off and working, Naz is in Punta Cana having a lime margarita (or Mama Juana) for me.

Pertpeutally Dreaming,
Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment