Tuesday, January 5, 2010

...they'll name a city after us and later say its all our fault...

Tuesday, January 5th, 2010!!!!
Countdown to LA: 18 days.
Countdown to Sydney: 29 days.

Happy new year!

It all seems real now (as it should, only 18 days to go!). I think it really started to hit me after my family trip to the Dominican Republic. DR by the way was beautiful. The clear ocean, the white sand and time spent with my family. I got to go parasailing and swam in a real cave for the first time in my life. Not to mention started a pretty awesome base tan for the year ahead.

Now, the fear, anxiety and excitement has taken over. Anxiety mostly about the many many many things I have yet to do (apply for my visa, pack, open a new bank account, pack, get an OHIP letter, pack, buy a laptop, pack etc.). The fear of leaving everything familiar and secure that I've been around all my life and starting over from scratch. And the excitement that I'm finally doing what I have wanted to do for 23 years! Now, whoever said moving half way around the world was easy.....?

I've been getting sick, I keep hearing bad news, and everything is taking a lot longer than I thought. Everyday just seems like a bad day but I know it is completely worth it and that's what is getting me through it all. Though I must say I would be having a complete nervous breakdown right now (we're talking 5150s and strait jackets) if it weren't for Lindsay. She has to deal with my daily mini erratic breakdowns along with all the stress she's under. So I'm sorry and thanks for keeping me (relatively) sane Linds! Couldn't and wouldn't be doing this without ya <3>
Now its time for a new year and a new life. Luckily, we got to spend New Years Eve with some of our friends for the last time in who knows how long...

Some pics for your viewing pleasure:
This quote by Alan Cohen is what I will be taking with me into 2010:
"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power"

No comments:

Post a Comment