Thursday, January 14, 2010

...don't you wanna be the life of the party?.....

Thursday, January 14th, 2010.
Countdown to LA: 9 days!
Countdown to Sydney: 20 days!!

As our time in Canada winds down, I am starting to feel more and more physically prepared, and less emotionally prepared. I have finally starting packing and getting everything together for the move. But I just can't seem to get myself together. I am nervous to leave behind my comfortable life, with familiar friends, family and places. It will be odd to not run into an old friend at the coffeeshop and spend 20 minutes catching up over a Grande Cinnamon Dolce Latte (soy, naturally).

That being said, there are still a lot of things that still need to be done. We have the best of intentions to do them but an odd thing has been happening to us lately. For some reason, even the most simple, mindless tasks has been tainted by roadblocks that makes it take longer than it should. This is frustrating because, as stated before, we procrastinate a little. We leave things to the last minute so when something happens to delay that, it affects everything else we've pushed to the side.

We are, however, making progress on this front and my list of things to do is slowly dwindling down. I highly doubt we will accomplish everything by Jan 23rd, but I will do the best that I can.

Now, onto our goodbye party. We decided on our theme a while back while watching Almost Famous. We felt that the late 60's/early 70's was a neglected time in terms of theme parties so we decided to change that! So, bring on the tie dye shirts, fringe vests and peace love and happiness!!! Our party will be the reincarnation of Woodstock and all the good things that era brought!

Naz and I are making jello shots and our famous, crowd-pleasing, intoxicating Sangria. We are meeting up to compile our playlist, which is a feat in and of itself. Any suggestions of great party songs? It can be from the hippie era, or any decade for that matter. Just stuff that will ensure everyone is dancing and singing drunkingly....

Perpetually Dreaming,
Lindz

No comments:

Post a Comment